Content and communications
We pride ourselves on creating innovative creative content and communications, with a hard-edged focus on customer experience, performance and data, secure in the knowledge that our experienced team always deliver on time, on budget and on brief. For integrated communication campaigns, we pull together a bespoke team from our 18-strong creative dept. that have the best mix of sector, behavioural and channel experience. All our creatives are highly skilled and experienced with IPR, brand guidelines and know how to leverage the power of brand values into creative executions. They have created numerous brand (and digital) guidelines for a range of blue chip clients. They receive regular training (workshops, external courses and speakers, internal training programmes) to ensure they are at the forefront of digital-first thinking, the potential applications of technology and have the highest level of craft and professional standards that align with the GCS professional standards.
Good insight is essential to developing compelling messaging and quality creative design concepts. We use a variety of tools and techniques to understand audience behaviour, including:
- Desk research
- Audience questionnaires
- Focus groups
- Stakeholder interviews
- Online behavioural analysis
- Competitor and brand analysis
- Evaluation of previous and current activity
- Government published market research.
We have an in-house team of eight customer experience specialists and strategic planners who use this framework when creating a content and communications strategy:
- Project kick-off, including defining your specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based (SMART) objectives
- Stakeholder analysis and workshops
- Target audience identification and behavioural analysis
- Marketing and competitor context
- Trend forecasting
- Insights generation.
All this information helps to shape the strategy, the creative proposition and concepts. This leaves us with a clear creative and campaign strategy, including creative messaging, plan of action, ways to measure results, the appropriate channels and messaging.
- Award-winning creative and content campaigns
- Content marketing
- Data visualisation
- Story creation
- Video and viral content
- Social assets
- Offsite content and campaign management.
Creating award-winning content
Some of our achievements in content and communications are:
- We created an award-winning idea for a leading gambling platform. This creative concept achieved 45,000 game plays, more than 38,000 site visitors and 300,000 mentions on Twitter
- We delivered another award-winning campaign for NHS Blood & Transplant. This campaign delivered almost 10,000 site visits and aw 40.6% of those visitors register as new organ donors.
Taking creative content to new heights with Super Break
UK travel brand SuperBreak wanted to increase the visibility of their brand in a very a saturated market. They asked us to:
- Generate traffic, increase brand visibility and subsequently authority on the SuperBreak site
- Increase the number of links, citations and social media mentions of the SuperBreak brand
- Engage new and existing audiences online through unique and interesting campaign activity
- Raise awareness of key breaks and locations offered by SuperBreak.
Our bespoke team of creative working with the brand, created an innovative guess-the-location-game, ‘Where in the World?’. Using Google Street View, players were taken to different countries and landmarks around the world, where they had 10 seconds to guess correctly guess the name of each location.
We reached out to key influencers, particularly with travel and education interests, to make sure as many people were talking about the games as possible.
We used the brand’s existing online channels and assets to maximise the amount of people seeing the game.
During the campaign we:
- Achieved more than 11,900 unique visits to the SuperBreak site
- Achieved 26 pieces of online coverage, including coverage from Digital Spy
- Delivered social reach of 99,000 people on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Increased SuperBreak’s brand awareness in the travel, education and technology sectors.