We’re looking for an experienced Technical Director to join us in the Leeds office. You will work alongside the Senior Executive Team and sit on the departmental management team to shape the future growth strategies of our technical development services.
You will lead the Development department, who are a large skilled team of technical experts, ensuring high quality technical delivery and contribution to cost effective delivery of technical products and services.
This position comes with future scope for progression and personal development into a leader within the business giving you a fulfilling career in a leading digital marketing agency.
We are a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing.
We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
Based in our Leeds city centre office, which offers an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career.
Due to Covid-19 we are all working remotely, however when the office is open for those that want to work onsite, you can do, or you can do a combination of both. Work equipment such as laptops will be provided.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- You’ll motivate and mentor team members to ensure the efficient running of resource within the Development team meets the company’s short- and long-term needs
- You’ll develop skills assessments and the implementation of training and development plans
- You’ll be responsible for the selection, proposition, provision of training and practical application of technology within the web engineering function (and associated services, such as DevOps) to enable the company to achieve its objectives
- You’ll outline future technical strategies and the goals for research and development
- You’ll work with teams across the agency to understand customer and market requirements to translate them into market leading digital products and services
- You’ll contribute to the effective operational delivery and standardization of service delivery models within web development (and associated teams).
WHAT WE NEED
- You’ll be a proven experienced Technical Director already or have a similar leadership role
- You’ll have development experience and implementation knowledge of web and ecommerce technologies. We are currently based on primarily .NET technologies (Episerver, Kentico and Umbraco) and utilise a range of front-end development technologies
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of the management and evolution of development teams and development architecture/solutions strategy
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of inspiring and leading development teams working within or transitioning to an agile methodology
- You’ll have detailed knowledge of IT, software architecture and technological trends to define product development and technological strategy
- You’ll have an understanding of business planning and budgets
- You’ll have an excellent communicational, leadership and organisational skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working with the opportunity to work from home when the office reopens
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits (inc extra paid leave)
- Social events
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality is not just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager.
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.
POLITE NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT PROFESSIONALS
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.