twentysix is a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing.
We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
Based in our Leeds city centre office, which offers an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career.
Due to Covid-19 we are all working remotely, however when the office is open for those that want to work onsite, you can do, or you can do a combination of both. Work equipment such as laptops will be provided.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Ensure project processes and methodology are followed across the projects you are leading
- Act as a role model for continuous learning both in and out of the office, to increase the skill level of the department ensuring we continue to improve the work the team produces
- Provides clear and useful feedback on the work of developers in their teams
- Perform exploratory work to investigate new technologies that we can leverage to solve technical and operational challenges
- Leading teams in the design and development of web applications
- Writing testable code and coaches team members automated testing best practices
- Guiding and mentoring others in applying development best practices
- Applying expert knowledge in technology decision making across multiple clients and projects
- Providing consultation on new client proposals and solutions and associated estimation activities
- Regularly speaking with clients for projects you are responsible for
- Promote software development best practices
- Supporting in conducting sprint planning to deliver regular iterations and retrospectives to improve our processes
- To identify future developments, methodologies, and new libraries which we may wish to integrate into our stack
- Define best practises for integrating and developing within a framework. With key considerations given to performance, linting, and code structure
- A key responsibility will be to keep the new business team up to date with what we can produce, whether that’s demonstrating our server-side rendering ability and what it may mean for our clients or pushing into new areas such as mobile app development
- Be a key contributor when it comes to defining API structures.
- Contribute to the research and review of the platforms and services the agency offers, providing recommendations and guidance to ensure the agency is offering the most appropriate and best solutions to our clients
- Assist in the creation of functional and technical specifications ensuring requirements are appropriate, captured and documented sufficiently
- Be the primary technical point of contact during client communications on projects
- Assist in project estimation activities and review estimations from team members
- Responsible for defining and overseeing the delivery of effective technical workshops and technical requirements gathering activities
- Supporting new business activities, participating in pitches and contributing to new business proposals
- Provide recommendations on platforms and services on client solutions
WHAT WE NEED
- Knowledge of existing frameworks with real life experience
- Extensive coding experience with strong Front-End skills (CSS, HTML, accessibility, and performance)
- Has experience of the modern JAMstack approach including server side rendered techniques
- Ability to define and drive engineering and architectural best practises
- Knowledge of node.js along with build tools such as Webpack and Gulp
- Has a track record of providing solutions focused on business value
- Experienced in agile and lean delivery methodologies
- Well versed in creating clear and understandable technical specifications and documentation
- Knowledge of industry experts and leaders in the field
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive salary.
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.
Notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.