twentysix is a global digital marketing agency with offices in London, Leeds and New York. We are passionate about digital and experts in marketing. We deliver indispensable creative and commercial thinking that connects brands to consumers online.
We are looking for a Junior Test Analyst / Content Editor to join our Quality, Infrastructure and Support team. This opportunity is an important dual role, it is perfect for someone who wants to get an increased understanding of the full software development lifecycle, but also actively play a part in editing and maintaining those websites.
Naturally we want someone who has a keen willingness to learn and develop within this role, as you will work alongside our inhouse teams of digital experts that will guide you in flexing the direction you would like your career to move in.
This role is perfect for you if you are detail-oriented and an excellent communicator. The ability to balance a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. A relatively technical background would be beneficial.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the software development lifecycle and have a top-level understanding of how testing drives quality throughout. The successful candidate will need a good technical understanding of web applications and have a keen willingness to learn and develop within this role.
This role will include the opportunity to apply webmaster and content management experience in a Live environment, alongside the day-to-day software testing role.
Our city centre office offers an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, which along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career.
Due to Covid-19 we are currently working remotely, however once the office is open again for those that want to work onsite you can do, or you can do a combination of both. Work equipment such as laptops will be provided.
What we need
- Be able to work under pressure
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Any eye for detail
- Be methodical in your approach to your work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management and testing approaches and methods
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of leading technologies and products - both web and application
- A willingness to work towards an ISEEB / ISTQB qualification
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Email and Internet technologies.
What you'll be doing
- Usage and understanding of several different types of Manual Testing tools and methodologies
- Day to day usage of Application Lifecycle Management tools (ALMs) such as JIRA
- Writing test scripts using a Behaviour Driven Development syntax (Gherkin)
- Becoming competent in the different phases of testing – System, Integration etc.
- A high-level understanding of differences between Functional and Non-Functional testing
- Maintaining awareness of accessibility testing and the standards that relate to it
- Ability to test for and advise on good user experience rather than just look, feel and functionality
- Managing live content for clients based on their needs using Content Management System, gaining experience in key technical functionality
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Capable of producing documentation to a high standard
- Cross-browser compatibility testing on a range of devices and software based on client needs and technological trends
- Responsible for maintaining multiple websites, depending on business needs
- Regulation and management of access rights of different users of a website or content management system
- Ability to learn how to debug pages and fix broken links or images
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Alexis Beach
Polite notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.