twentysix is a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing.
We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
We’re looking for a dynamic Head of SEO Strategy to help shape and execute the Media department strategy, this integral role will report directly into our Media Director and will have commercial and operational responsibility for the Technical and SEO Strategy teams.
Ideally based out of our Leeds city centre office (hybrid / remote working is fine) which offers an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career. We would also consider candidates that could be based out of our London or Belfast office.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will Lead the Technical and SEO Strategy teams – driving organic growth at pace for our clients. SEO is one of our core services across the agency and we are looking for someone who has the experience but more importantly the passion to drive value for our clients.
twentysix has a broad service offering and aligning to media and production presents a source of competitive advantage and unique growth for many of our integrated clients. You will propose positive solutions and activity seek opportunities to grow and develop the department, whilst also focusing on personal develop of yourself and your direct team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interrogating and challenging the strategies, tactics, and ideas of the department in a professional and respectful manner to aide their development.
- Identifying department resource, recruitment requirements and working alongside the Operations and Media Director in understanding team capacity so that planning can be considerate and inclusive of current and future workloads.
- Working with the Head of Business Development in pitching progressive organic media strategies
- Assisting in the strategic planning of new campaigns during the pitch and on-boarding stages, ensuring these strategies are effectively handed over to delivery teams.
- Proactively assessing practices and methodology methods across SEO
- Be an industry thought leader, with a willingness to contribute your voice to SEO developments and trends.
- Providing SEO training to internal teams and clients when required.
- Line management and leadership of the department’s senior practitioners/managers – ready to inspire and excite.
WHAT WE NEED
- 8+ years’ experience within SEO role
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills
- Ability to demonstrate high performance behaviours including influence, empathy, people development and team building.
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to select, develop and motivate staff.
- Able to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity in relation to interacting with people at all levels.
- Ability to deliver true consumer insight at the highest level of planning.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, Excel, and other relevant SEO technology / Content tools, as required
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive salary.
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Manager, Alexis Beach
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.
Notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.