twentysix is a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing.
We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
We are looking for a Head of Data Science. Leading the data science proposition and supporting the Head of Analytics in day-to-day leadership, the key focus of the role is to identify and nurture data science opportunities with existing clients as well as develop and manage a dedicated new business pipeline for relevant services and solutions and support and lead existing client data strategies and their digital transformation programmes.
Our Data Science team focuses on delivering expert data implementation and integration projects as well as data analysis to inform and optimise online marketing activities, enabling optimal return of investment for our respective clients as well as support their digital transformation programmes.
The ideal candidate will have prior data science-related practitioner experience as well as previous experience in a consultative sales role and in building C-level client relationships.
Based out of our Leeds or Manchester city centre offices (Hybrid working), which both offer an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Collaborating closely with key stakeholders including Head of Analytics, Media Director, Clients Services Director, and Commercial Director to develop our data science proposition to support continued relevance and growth with new clients and existing clients.
- Developing and supporting a dedicated data science pipeline of opportunities
- Working with our marketing team to generate exciting content / events / networking / assets to develop awareness about our data science capabilities to new prospects.
- Building and growing an independent network of client contacts
- Managing and developing data science opportunities, RFPs, RFIs and pitches to completion
- Co-ordinating and facilitating data workshops with clients and prospects to demonstrate meaningful value for clients and winning interesting data-related workstreams for the team
- Provide regular updates and reports on pipeline performance
- Proactive at ideation and innovative strategies to generate awareness for our data science services
- Working with the Head of Analytics to provide bespoke data strategy solutions to clients or categories.
WHAT WE NEED
- Any Related Degree (e.g., Computer Science, IT, Marketing or Research, Statistics).
- 8 years + sales experience related to digital / data working in an agency, consultancy, or client environment.
- Data Science experience: Strong understanding of data science methods using open source or commercial tools, Experience of designing/architecting full Data Science 'stacks' a big plus.
- Big Data experience: Experience in dealing with very granular data, using key Big Data technologies and comfortable with the Google environments.
- Elevated levels of logical thinking & problem-solving skills. Able to deal with complex problems using innovative and industry leading techniques
- Team: Experience of managing and motivating a small team
Technically focused and adaptable, capable of communicating persuasively and with expertise. Able to evidence contributions to thought leadership – ideally with a strong network of contacts.
- Google Cloud & Google Analytics certifications
- CRM experience
- JS, SQL & Python knowledge
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive salary.
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays – starting at 27 days + bank holiday
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF21/22).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF21/22 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Manager, Alexis Beach – email@example.com
Polite notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.