twentysix is a leading digital agency that develops digital platforms and marketing that drives business change and performance. Connected by data, insight and strategy, we specialise in user experience (UX), development and performance marketing. We have over 150 digital specialists working with us across Leeds and London, and our clients include the likes of Arla, P&G, Fortnum & Mason and Corinthia Hotels, to name a few.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to understand, communicate and apply a wide range of automation, configuration and hosting technologies to agency projects. The DevOps Engineer will play a key part in the ongoing delivery of market-leading digital solutions for the agency and its clients.
Based in our Leeds city centre office, which offers an inspiring state of the art working environment and facilities, along with support and focused learning and development opportunities surrounded by experienced digital experts, you can build and excel within your career.
Due to Covid-19 we are all working remotely, however when the office is open for those that want to work onsite, you can do, or you can do a combination of both. Work equipment such as laptops will be provided.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Implementing CI/CD software pipelines for building, testing, packaging and deploying software on Microsoft.NET and node.js solutions, increasing automation of tools and processes throughout
- Provisioning and maintaining hosted infrastructure for websites and applications across multiple platforms and hosted domains
- Integrating automated testing tools (e.g. end-to-end, security, performance/load testing)
- Providing technical consultancy and troubleshooting on development toolchains, hosted environments and underpinning technologies
- Migrating on-premises CI/CD tools and development hosting to the cloud
- Implementing, testing and providing feedback on disaster recovery plans
- Implementing software deployment, application and infrastructure monitoring strategies
- Delivering effective technical workshops and requirements gathering activities
- Following and contributing to the team codebase, standards and best practices
- Contributing to client communications on projects, adding value and expertise
- Supporting the agency in its delivery of ISO27001
WHAT WE NEED
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 3-4 years’ professional experience with cloud hosting and implementing DevOps tools and practices for Microsoft.NET and node.js.
- Also desirable: knowledge of Agile software development and some experience with using issue tracking software (Jira, Azure Boards)
Technology core requirements:
- Core tools for building and packaging Microsoft .NET and node.js web applications (dotnet, npm, NuGet)
- CI/CD pipeline platforms and toolchains (Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GitHub Actions)
- Cloud computing concepts (public, private hybrid), cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and cloud platforms (Azure)
- SCM platforms (GitLab, Azure Repos, GitHub)
- SQL-based database management platforms (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Data serialisation languages (YAML, JSON)
- Containerisation and orchestration technologies (Docker)
- Infrastructure as code (Pulumi, ARM, Bicep)
- Networking including load balancing, proxies, firewalls, CDNs, and traffic managers
- Web server administration (IIS, nginx)
- Logging, monitoring, alerting and dashboards (Application Insights, etc.)
- System administration of Windows and Linux operating systems
Professional accreditations (e.g. Microsoft Certifications) in relevant technologies are desirable but not initially required
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- Competitive salary.
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application bonus* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.
Polite notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.