Business Development Manager
We’re looking to add a Business Development Manager to our team in Leeds. This opportunity will see you form a vital part of a driven and ambitious sales and marketing team. The position offers real opportunity to progress, with the support of experienced colleagues.
twentysix is a global digital marketing agency with offices in London, Leeds and New York. We are passionate about digital and experts in marketing. We deliver indispensable creative and commercial thinking that connects brands to consumers online.
We want someone who has tenacity, determination, and good commercial instincts. You will work alongside our inhouse teams of digital experts to uncover and find solutions to the business challenges our prospective clients have.
Our city centre office offers an inspiring, state-of-the-art working environment and facilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to forge a successful career supported by a knowledgeable and experienced team, both immediately and across the wider business.
Due to Covid-19 we are mostly working remotely, however the office is open for those that want to work onsite, or you can do a combination of both. Work equipment such as laptops will be provided.
What we need
- Be an enthusiastic, energetic, and relentless Business Development Manager managing the earliest stages of a consultative sales process
- Demonstrable ability to generate qualified leads to support the development of pipeline for the Head of Business Development
- The ability to learn and grow, and to get excited about our agency proposition
- Potential to run your own opportunities over time – as part of a well-planned process for personal development
- A strong business network and understanding of how to grow it effectively
- Demonstrable experience of using a tailored approach to open-up new business opportunities
- An understanding of the impact of marketing as part of the new business prospecting process
- Strong presentation skills
- Have a great understanding of digital marketing and a hunger to learn more
- Experience of opening-up UX, web design and development opportunities with a range of high-growth or enterprise businesses is desirable
- Be motivated, passionate, enthusiastic and positive in attitude
- Be inclusive and collaborative
- Always represent the agency’s best interests
- Always set a professional example
What you'll be doing
- Predominantly generate leads and opportunities for UX, web design and development services - and other services as required
- On occasion to work with the wider team to plan, write, submit and present business proposals
- To leverage the new business opportunities/relationships offered from government or wider procurement platforms
- Deliver to targets – either against lead targets or financial targets
- To understand web development and CMS’s, as well as other technology and process utilised by twentysix
- To understand the wider marketing and digital ecosystem and have strong commercial and engagement focused conversations with senior client stakeholders
- To keep abreast of digital marketing news and developments
- Add value to the new business sales processes
- To attend appropriate events for prospecting
- To fully understand and then keep showcases, creds and case studies up to date
- Management of opportunities within Salesforce
- Effectively manage and utilise data – both first and third-party
- Contribute ideas and provide feedback in support of marketing in the business.
- To eventually manage the new business process (internally and externally), from initial engagement all the way through to final pitch presentations, for select opportunities
- To eventually write tender documents with the appropriate support from key internal stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and sales incentive
- Career development
- Outstanding private healthcare package for you and your family
- Enhanced holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly staff benefits
- Friday sweets, beer and snacks
- Social events a-plenty
- £1000 direct application fee* (when quoting code DAF20/21).
*By applying direct you will qualify for a bonus of up to £1000 (dependent on level of position) when you pass your probation. To qualify for this, you must include the code DAF20/21 in your covering letter.
We welcome applications from previous candidates and pride ourselves of on our values with equality at the core. We do this by hiring and developing a diverse mix of talented people that contribute to our success. Creating a culture of equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
If you require any of this information or an application form in an alternative format, or you would simply like to discuss the role, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Polite notice to recruitment professionals
Please do not contact us regarding this role. While we respect that many companies do need recruitment agencies, we do not at the moment, and we are happiest recruiting for ourselves. Any resume submitted to us before any agreement with us will be deemed the sole property of twentysix, and in the event of a candidate being hired outside of an agreement, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Follow #lifeattwentysix for an insight into working here.