Following a competitive pitch twentysix were successful in winning the right to be New Era’s digital partner, the first phase of this relationship being to develop a new e-commerce website.
To develop a new site that represented the authenticity & individuality of the New Era brand. Key objectives for the website included:
- Be a credible online retailer
- Provide an engaging and interactive experience
- Tell product stories consistently
- Conversion rate significantly increased
- Maximise marketing channels
- Develop as a customer service platform to reduce call centre reliance
- Grow as a purchase platform
- Implement stock alert system to improve stock reporting and minimise lost sales
The solution and outcome
twentysix conducted an extensive Discovery phase, including stakeholder and user workshops to understand the market and its audience to present recommendations that would firmly establish New Era as a market leader.
The needs of the various parts of the business and audience groups provided insight for the development of the user journeys, sitemap, wireframes, and site wide information architecture as well as the recommendation to develop the new e-commerce website on the EPiServer Commerce platform.
The creative team developed an original and engaging concept underpinned by the findings from the Discovery phase. The technical teams at New Era & twentysix worked closely together in integrating the front end website with the range of back end systems that New Era utilise, including:
- SAP for New Era’s product and stock management
- MotionPoint for multi-lingual content based on users location
- Peerius for product recommendations based on users site journey
- SilverPop for ECRM activities including cart abandonment, marketing campaigns and special offers
- 64% conversion rate increase
- 34% average page value increase
- 13% decrease in bounce rate